Friday, September 23, 2011

Caterpillar

I was watching my neice and nephew one day, and while the little kids were sleeping I wanted to do a craft with the older two.   We made caterpillars out of pom poms and a popsicle stick.
Supplies needed:
I did one with the kids to help show them how to do it.  They each were given a popsicle stick and a plate with glue on it.  They dabbed the pom poms into the glue and placed on the popsicle stick.  When they had the body all finished, I helped glue the googily eyes on.  Then I cut the pipe cleaner in 1/4's and we wrapped it behind the head to make the antenna. 
These were a lot of fun. They made 2 each.  Next time I think we would need to use more glue, they didn't quite stand up to the playing of 3 year olds.
I have seen cute blogs that have made the Hungry Caterpillar and that would be fun to do.  All you'd have to do is added the food! Who doesn't love the Hungry Caterpillar? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment