Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Monogram door

I saw a cute monogram door on pinterest, and thought that was a nice variation to a wreath.  However, I do still want to make my hydrangea wreath. 
 So I just finished painting my shutters and had extra paint, so that's the what I used for my letter B.  I took a stainless steel scrubber and roughed up the paint.  It was nice got rid of the shiny finish and gave it a bit more of an antique finish.  I made a few rosette flowers and did one yellow for an accent.  I felt like it needed more and added a touch of lace to it.  
I'm happy with how it looks, but feel like it might still need something to pull it all together.  I'm not sure what, but it will eventually come to me.
I'm so happy with the changes.  Big improvement!  

No comments:

Post a Comment