Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chore Chart

So I've been thinking about giving Parker a chore chart for a while now.  I know he's 3, but this is just a reminder for him on daily things that he can do.
I thought this would be a good way to help him remember to do these.  Charts work very well with Parker.  We used a sticker chart for potty training, and for nap time and bed time( to make them a little easier).
I put at the bottom the days of the week.  For each day that he does all of his "chores" he get a smiley face.  When he gets 5 smiley faces in a week he will either get a special treat or we will go do something fun.
I put the list inside of a picture from so that way we can write on it with dry erase marker and be able to rub it off as well.  (trying to save paper)
I by all means don't expect perfection, but this is a good way to help remind me to get him doing these things daily.
Something very simple, but can be very rewarding to a 3 year old to make him feel more independent. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment