Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Dream Big Little Ones"

I saw a sign I loved, "Dream Big Little One" and I thought I want that sign in my kids room.  Then while scoping out pinterest I saw a cute night light made on canvas.  It was from the blog, Styleberry.  Here is the link: http://styleberryblog.com/diy-night-light-canvas-a-fancy-grown-up-version-of-light-bright

However, I didn't want to copy either idea completely so I put my own twist on it.  I combined the two ideas.
It was very easy.  I searched online for ideas on how to get the writing style I want (I don't own a cricut machine)


  • First I painted the canvas, 2 coats
  • I found the font and size I wanted
  • Printed it out
  • Cut out the words
  • Color with chalk on the back of the word
  • Lay the words out and trace with a ball point pen (it will trace with chalk very faintly on the canvas 
  • Then I was able to paint the letters, 2 coats
  • After all is dry, you use an exacto knife and poke holes (I went for the design of stars and a moon)
  • You push mini Christmas lights through the holes
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment