Monday, October 15, 2012

Trick or Treat, Smell Our Feet

Again, another Pinterest idea.  Although I saw this on pinterest, but there were no directions.  I searched online on how to paint plates that are oven safe.  I found enamel paint is safe to paint and put in the oven.

I went to the Salvation Army and bought a china plate for .90.  I used 2 coats of orange paint, and let that dry over night before adding more.  The next day I took white paint and painted one foot of each kid and put it on the plate.  Then paint around the foot, for the appearance of a ghost.  I used a paint marker in black and wrote, "Trick or Treat, Smell Our Feet" and added bats.

Let that dry 24 hours before baking.  I wasn't sure if my plate was oven safe, I searched too see if China was and I got both replies of yes and no. I went for it, with the thought I could redo if it broke.

Follow the directions of the paint.  Bake at 350 for 30 mins and let cool in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment